Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Child of the King

Alannah and I are taking our turn with providing the craft for Kids Club tonight, so yesterday while we were in Yarmouth we bought the supplies. We got foam cutouts shaped like crowns, several packages of glittering 'gems', magnets and glue. Alannah made up a sample one last night and it turned out beautiful (see picture below). We glued the magnets onto the backs of the crowns so they would be well set before the kids took their completed craft home to be placed on their fridge.

 I wanted to have a Scripture verse for the center of each crown to remind the children of how precious they are to God, so I started searching. There are many verses which tell us that we are royalty, joint heirs with Christ, a royal priesthood, children of the King, etc. but I wanted to have something very simple and special that the children would understand easily. I came upon Isaiah 62:3 which says: "The Lord will hold you in His hand for all to see--a splendid crown in the hand of God". Isn't that a beautiful verse? Not only does it tell us that the Lord will hold us in His hand, will protect us and watch over us but that we are as precious as a crown to Him. We are a jewel, a treasure to Him.

In 1961 a woman named Cindy Walker wrote one of the most beautiful little songs that I want to share with you today, it's called A Child of the King.

Once I was clothed in the rags of my sin,
Wretched and poor, lost and lonely within.
But with wondrous compassion, the King of all kings,
In pity and love, took me under His wings.

CHORUS:
Oh, yes, oh yes, I'm a child of the King
His royal blood now flows in my veins.
And I who was wretched and poor now can sing
Praise God, praise God, I'm a child of the King.
 
 Now I'm a child with a Heavenly home,
My Holy Father has made me His own.
And I'm cleansed by His blood, and I'm clothed in His love,
And some day I'll sing with the angels above.

1 comment

  1. " I'm the Child of The King !!!! That sounds Sooo Wonderful....Ty laurie & Alannah for Sharing, i'm sure the kids will love it !!!! " { hugs }

    ReplyDelete