Thursday, February 17, 2011

Early In The Morning

On Tuesday nights we have Bible studies at the church. My husband leads one and I lead the other. The one that I lead is called Just Basics and is for new converts to the faith or those who have never been discipled in their faith. One of the sections in the course is on prayer: what prayer is, what it is not, when we should pray and the power of prayer.

Prayer is something you can do at anytime. It is communication with God. We can constantly talk with God throughout our day whether we are doing our housework or at the job or even driving the kids to school. But it's important to also have that alone time with God; when we can focus just on Him. A time that we set aside for Him. I recommend this time be in the morning, before we start our day.

In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

But I cry to you for help, LORD;
   in the morning my prayer comes before you. Psalm 88:13

The Word tells us that we should start our day with prayer. If we give the Lord the first part of our day we will be starting our day off on the right foot. We gain strength to go through our day if we begin it with prayer.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
   for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
   for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8

God will direct our days when we put our trust in Him. Just imagine all the heartache and trouble we would avoid if we put our trust in the Lord and allowed Him to lead us. If we did things His way instead of our own. He is ever ready to help us and if we give Him the number one place in our life, we will avoid a lot of unnecessary hardship.

LORD, be gracious to us;
   we long for you.
Be our strength every morning,
   our salvation in time of distress. Isaiah 33:2

Prayer is simply involving and including God in your everyday life. Talking to Him on a regular basis and listening to His gentle voice responding to you. He will teach you and show you His love if you put your trust in Him. Start each day giving Him the first part of your day and you will have a better day because of it. God bless.

1 comment

  1. " Thankyou Laurie for these wonderful words of Wisdom....Thankyou once again for Sharing...."

    ReplyDelete