Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Confidence!

"“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”"

(Jeremiah 17:7-8)


What beautiful verses these are! When we trust in the Lord, when we have our confidence in Him, we are blessed and we never have to worry. Oh, sometimes we still choose to worry but we don't have to because God will bring us through whatever it is that we are worrying about.

We will be like a tree that has a good water source right at its roots. With God our needs are constantly supplied, just like that tree. We don't have to worry about our daily needs because our confidence is in God and He will take care of us.

Even in a year of drought the tree will still bear fruit. Even when we are going through a horrible, tough time, we will still be able to praise the Lord because we know that He is still with us and will provide for us, take care of us, protect us, sustain us, cover us, defend us, uphold us, and be our GOD!

Trust God with your life. Trust Him with your heart. Trust Him with your everything and put your confidence in Him. He will never disappoint you or let you down. He will always be there when you call out to Him and He will always take care of you. I know because I have trusted Him and my confidence is in Him.

Take the time to read this Psalm and allow the words to sink in; they're for you this day:

 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.”
 3 Surely he will save you
   from the fowler’s snare
   and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
   nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
   nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
   ten thousand at your right hand,
   but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
   and see the punishment of the wicked.
 9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
   and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
   no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
   so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
   you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
 14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
   I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
   I will be with him in trouble,
   I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
   and show him my salvation.” Psalm 91

Post a Comment