Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Daughter

Seventeen years ago today, our daughter Alannah Renee, was born. She is a blessing to all who know her and especially to us, her family. We named her Alannah after my father, Alan, and Renee after a good family friend. Her name means 'my child--be born again'. We chose those names to pronounce a blessing on her and she has lived up to her name. At a very young age she recognized her need of a Saviour and asked Jesus to forgive her of her sins and come into her life. Since then she has fed her spirit with the Word of God and has grown into a beautiful woman of God who is wise beyond her years.

Alannah is at the stage in her life where she is trying to figure out what direction she should choose in the way of a career. She wants to have God's will done in her life and wants to walk the pathway that God has planned for her. So she waits for God's direction. I admire her faith and her patience. God doesn't always show us the pathway He wants us to take right away. Sometimes He asks us to trust Him with the details of our life and leave the rest up to Him.

Alannah has a dream of someday having seven children and has names picked out for all of them. She wants to homeschool her children and raise them to know God. She has a hopechest and is adding to it in faith that someday the Lord will send her the man of her dreams to raise a family with. Oh, and she'd like to have cows too, why I don't know. ha ha.

I am proud of the woman of God, Alannah, has become. She is a Proverbs 31 woman through and through: she bakes, cooks, sews, knits, scrapbooks, and creates beautiful jewelry. She is currently taking a floral designer course via correspondence school and makes beautiful arrangements for our church and her brother's church as well. She is wise and gives sound advice to those who seek it. She spends time with God in prayer every day and reads His Word. She is kind and compassionate and loving to those around her.

I couldn't ask for a better daughter. I enjoy her company and we spend  a lot of time together. Some day God will send a man into her life and as long as he loves God and loves her with all his heart, I'll be happy. She will be beginning her own family and sharing the gifts God has blessed her with. But until then, I will enjoy the times we have together, thankful that God has blessed me so abundantly with such a daughter- a mighty woman of God. Happy Birthday Alannah!

Jeremiah 29:11-14
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Post a Comment