Tuesday, May 17, 2011

There Is A River

I recently heard a new worship song which was written by Jessie Rogers that just touched me. It's based on Psalm 46 which says: "There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early."


The river speaks of the blessings of the Holy Spirit. He is our comforter. He gives us strength to carry out the Lord's work and He is with us always. He flows through every part of the church touching the hearts of every believer. God promises that the church shall not be moved and that the gates of Hell shall not prevail, or win, against it. God loves His church, His people. He will protect us and uphold us in His mighty hand.


We have nothing to fear if we have God living in our hearts. There is nothing or no one who can come against us and defeat us with God on our side. If we are living by His Word and living for Him, we will be set firmly on the Rock. He will help us and we can trust Him and not be afraid.  


Knowing this we can rejoice, as the song says, we can rejoice and be glad! We are safe in the shelter of His wings and no harm shall befall us. What promises are in the Word of God! When I am feeling down or discouraged I turn to the book of Psalms and allow God's Holy Spirit to minister to me. He lifts me up above the shadows that surround me. He is ever present in my time of need. I want to encourage you to turn to Him in your time of need. Read His Word and  feel refreshed.


There is a river! Just think of how refreshing a river actually is. It feels so good to dip your toes in the water on a hot summer's day. If we are weary, we can find refreshment in the River, the Holy Spirit. If we are lost, we can find direction by following the River. The River brings new life. The River can cleanse us and wash our sins away. The River can heal our wounds and make us whole. There is a River! Won't you plunge in today and be made complete?



There is a River by Jessie Rogers
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of our God (repeat)

(chorus) so I will rejoice
I will rejoice and be glad

There is a fountain full of grace and it flows from Emanuel's veins
It came and it healed me
It came and refreshed me
It came and washed my sins away!

Post a Comment