Monday, July 25, 2011

Get In, Sit Down and Shut Up!

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him ." 1 Corinthians 2:9


How I love the Word of God! It ministers to me every time I read it and although I have read all of it throughout the years, it is still new to me every time. God speaks to us through His Word. That is why it is so hard to establish a regular routine to read the Word. Satan doesn't want us to be in the Word. He knows that we will hear the heart of God. We will hear what God thinks of us and how precious we are in His sight. No, Satan doesn't want you to know that.


But when we do read the Word and come upon a scripture like 1 Corinthians 2:9 we're blown away by God's plan for us! He tells us that we have never seen or heard or even imagined or dreamed of all of what He has prepared for us! WOW! Not even in our wildest imaginations could we ever imagine what plans God has for us! He is so amazing!


Since we can't even dream of what it could be, we might as well just sit down, strap on our seat belt and be prepared for a wonderful adventure. Walking with God is an adventure. Listening to Him and allowing Him to be in control of your life opens you up to all sorts of blessings that you could never have imagined and have never seen before or even heard about! It all sounds sort of exciting doesn't it? It is! 


I once saw a license plate which said "get in, sit down, shut up" and I loved it. It's not a very nice one but it does get to the point. It works for wannabe back seat drivers and I think it works for our Christian life as well. If we will stop trying to do things our way we would be so much happier by trusting God to be in the driver's seat. If we would stop trying to get our point across and instead allow God to do the talking, we just might hear something that amazes us (sarcasm intended: tongue in cheek). 


We go through our life making plans and never consulting God, the One who made us, loves us and has a plan for our life. God is telling us in 1 Corinthians 2:9 that He has so much more in store for us if we would only let Him be in the driver's seat.  God never ceases to amaze me. He loves me! And with my acceptance of those three little words I open the floodgates of His love to be manifested in my life. I can imagine God saying 'she is taking her hands off her life and giving me control...now I can show her just how much I can do! She has never seen or heard or even imagined all that I can do in her life.'


For many years I had served God, attended church, and did what I thought was right, but I was still in control. I didn't realize that I could let go of that control and allow God to be in charge. I made a mess of my Christian life. I didn't have any victory or peace because I was in charge, doing things my way. Oh, but what an adventure my life has been since I gave the control over to God! He has blessed me beyond my wildest imaginations and has spoiled me as a favoured child and He will do the same for you if you allow Him. Let me encourage you to get in to a right relationship with Christ, sit down at His feet and allow Him to teach you through the reading of His Word and by sitting under godly preaching and teaching and finally shut up and allow God to do the talking for a change. If you do, you're life will never be the same. It will never be boring and you will have the time of your life!

Post a Comment