Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Killer

I'm a killer. I didn't mean to be but I am and I feel horrible about it. I am the person who would rather hit the ditch than to kill an animal with my vehicle but that is exactly what I did the other day. There are those who couldn't care less if an animal is in the road and some have even told me that they don't even slow down or try to swerve to avoid hitting one, (personally I have to question how hard their heart actually is). But, I digress.... As I was driving a bird came out of nowhere, without warning, and hit my wind shield. It's poor little body hit with a thump directly in the centre of the glass and then rolled over the roof and hit the ground behind the van. I felt sick! Of course I did the only thing I could do: I cried. I felt so bad. My husband assured me that the little bird probably died instantly and never knew what hit him, so he wouldn't have suffered and that helped some, but all I could think of was that horrible sound of him hitting the glass. 


You might be thinking by now, what's the big deal? It's only a bird, get over it. But the Bible tells me that even a little sparrow, like the one I killed, is so precious to the Lord that He sees them when they fall. The Lord reminded me of that when I killed this bird and He reminded me that He will always care about me too. If He cares about this little bird, that some people wouldn't even give a second thought about, just imagine how much more He cares for you! He loves you and He sees you. 



"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

(Luke 12:6-7)


You may feel insignificant as if you don't matter, but let me assure you that you do! God loves you and you don't have to be afraid, He is with you. You are worth much more than many sparrows. So the next time you see those little sparrows remember this: God loves you and He cares about you. 


Post a Comment