Thursday, September 29, 2011

Aarons and Hurs

Exodus 17:12 tells us "Moses' arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset." I love this verse because it describes the importance of helpers and of having helpers in the work that we do for the Lord. Many times the leader gets the praise for a job well done but what the praisers don't see or realize is how many helpers that leader had to accomplish what they did. As leaders we all need helpers, we all need Aarons and Hurs.


I have been battling with low iron for the past six months or so because of a couple medical problems that I am facing. Because of that I haven't had the energy to get out of my own way, so to speak. I keep trying to accomplish what I once was able to but I have found that I have had to do things at a slower pace or just not do them at all and that has left me frustrated. I have a couple of surgeries coming up in the next couple of months which should rectify the problem but until then I have to adjust accordingly. 


We have our 5th Annual Clam Point Women's Conference coming up in the next couple of days and a group of the sweet ladies of our church have picked up my slack. They have spent days cleaning the church and organizing the clutter that tends to accumulate over the year and today they even decorated for the conference. I can't express what a blessing it is to have such dedicated Aarons and Hurs! What a gift from God to me!


In the next couple of days we will have close to one hundred ladies come to our church and they will find everything in place ready to receive them, thanks to the efforts of these blessed women. Many of the ladies who will be attending will not even realize who did the work, but these women weren't looking for recognition, they just wanted to help me and I love them for it. 


We should all strive to be helpers, to be Aarons and Hurs. Moses couldn't help the Israelites by himself, he grew tired. He needed help and Aaron and Hur were there to support him. Are you a Aaron or a Hur? Are you lifting up the tired arms of your leaders, your pastors? Are you there, on the scene, not looking to make a name for yourself but to be a genuine help? Why don't you look for an opportunity to ease someone's load today? God will bless you for it and you'll feel good too. 


Thank you ladies, of Island Gospel Tabernacle, for your love and support.

Post a Comment