Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Who Am I?

Who am I? I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister. I am a writer, a dreamer, a lover, a friend. I am different things to different people. Sometimes I am an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. I am someone to lean on and on whom you can depend. But who does God say I am?


“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;” 1 Peter 2:9 KJV


God says I am chosen, I am royalty, I am holy and I am peculiar. I have been created to praise Him because He saved me. That's who I am. I understood 'chosen', 'royal' and 'holy' right away but when I read that I am 'peculiar' I wanted to look that one up. This is how the dictionary defines the word 'peculiar':


pe·cu·liar  (p-kylyr)
adj.
1. Unusual or eccentric; odd.
2. Distinct from all others. See Synonyms at strange.
3. Belonging distinctively or primarily to one person, group, or kind; special or unique: rights peculiar to the rich; a species peculiar to this area.

I AM unusual. I am different from the world. I should stand out as something special.

John 15:19

19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

 I am eccentric and odd too sometimes. (laugh intended). I AM distinct from all others. God has set me apart to walk after Him. But I love the last definition! I BELONG to One person. 

Malachi 2:15
Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit.

I AM special and unique because of Him. 

If you've ever suffered from low self esteem and you've listened for far too long of what others think of you, why not read what God says about you? You are chosen. You are royalty. You are holy. You are peculiar. 

Post a Comment