Monday, January 23, 2012

Dancing In The Aisles

Monday's are usually grocery shopping days for our family and when our kids were small, it was an all family event. The five of us would go to the grocery store and then usually to McDonald's or the Dollarstore before we headed home. You might be thinking that going to the grocery store with three kids isn't your idea of fun, but that is probably because you didn't do it the same way that we did. 


My husband loves to make up songs, the sillier the better, and if there has ever been a silly song actually recorded you can probably guess that he knows it. So it was nothing to hear him break out into a song in the grocery store and start dancing in the aisles with the kids. Even now that our youngest is 17, he will still skip down a deserted aisle with her laughing beside him. 


I love my husband and I love his craziness. It's what drew me to him in the first place. I love the fact that he wasn't ashamed, as so many men are, to show his family that he loved them. He didn't care that people might see him acting silly as long as it made the kids laugh. I have been blessed! And lest you think that once our kids have moved out on their own that the silliness in the grocery stores will stop, let me assure you that he still dances and sings in public when its just the two of us as well. 


We all have a Father who dances around us! God celebrates His love for His children with loud singing and dancing. What a wonderful thing that is! You may not have had an earthly Dad who sang and danced in grocery store aisles but you do have a Heavenly Father who loves you so much that He dances and sings when He thinks of you!


The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17


(Zeph. 3:17 - "rejoice over you" -yagil - literally dance, skip, leap, spin around in joy. God dances with shouts of joy over us!)


So the next time you're in a grocery store with the ones you love, give a little skip or sing a little song and laugh together. It can make a mundane chore like grocery shopping a memorable moment. 





You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
How You love me
How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me
[Amazed - by Jared Anderson from Desperation]

1 comment

  1. "Ohhh Laurie Thanx for Sharing this to-day !! Our God is soooo Awesome....Needed this....

    ReplyDelete