Sunday, March 3, 2013

Human Rights

‎"Possible planet-in-the-making spotted; baby planet in a stellar womb. Located in Musca constellation" This is the headline saw this morning when I woke up. I find it ironic that our society can call a planet a "baby" while its being formed but can't call a human in the womb a baby, its just a fetus or piece of tissue and has no rights to life. Sad.

The human womb can be a dangerous place for an unborn child. At any time that child's mother can opt to murder it and she has every legal right to do so. I find it horrifying that while we live in an age where human rights are demanded and expected in so many ways that they are not afforded to an unborn child. How depraved our society has become. How sad it must make our Heavenly Father. 

Psalm 139:13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.

Isaiah 44:24 "This is what the LORD says--your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

God not only made us and formed us but He also knew us in our mother's womb. Jeremiah 1:5: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;." This tells me that God had a relationship with us before even our mothers did. Even in our mother's womb we should have the right to life, the most basic of all human rights. 

As Christians we need to value all life because God made that life. Who are we to take it? Are we not setting ourselves up as God when we choose who gets to live and who doesn't? Why is it considered murder when a child, only a few minutes old, is killed but when an unborn child who is killed its called abortion and is legal? Why? When I think of all the unborn children who were never given the right to life, the basic human right, I wonder if as a society who we actually killed? Was it the next great theologian or world leader? Was it the doctor who could have cured cancer or the inventor who could improve everyone's life? We'll never know because they were never given their human rights. 

Everyone, every person, every human being should have the right to life, but they don't. Not yet. Not until everyone demands that they do. Born or unborn, should have the same rights. They're both human are they not? Those of us who believe this to be true have been silent for far too long. We're afraid that if we say anything that we'll be labelled a trouble maker or a fanatic. But I tend to believe that more can be accomplished in our own homes to change the tide of popular thinking than carrying a placard can. So I ask you to begin today to talk about the things that matter. Talk about them with your family. Make sure that the next generation who have survived the womb know that all human life is precious and we have no right to take it. God bless. 





Post a Comment