Thursday, August 1, 2013

That Magical Time

Between 6:30 am and 7:30 am is one of my favourite times of day. The house is quiet. I am the only one awake. Even the dog refuses to leave our warm bed. It's foggy this morning with the sun trying to peak its way out. Every spider's web is hung with diamonds of dew and every branch is heavy with the moisture. Somewhere in the distance I hear a crow cawing and a brave little song bird singing his solo for the world to hear. But there are no other sounds. The fog drowns out the sound and its too early for most people to be awake, except the fish plant workers who drove by our house at 5:30. Now all is quiet again. 

There is a peacefulness about this time of day. Its a time to be alone with the Lord and to appreciate all that He has done for us and given to us. I walk to the pond and watch the water bugs dancing across the surface and wonder how God made them with the ability to walk on water as He once did. I stand there with the fog all around me and I am shut in a magical place, alone, with the Lord and His creation. I am so thankful. I am so blessed. Of all the places He could have allowed me to be born and live He chose here and I am so thankful. 

I am surrounded by His beauty everywhere I look. And He is with me. I feel His presence better at this time of day than at any other. The psalmist David said "In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3 David rose early to be with the Lord and started his day with Him. Jesus, Himself, had the habit of rising early in the morning to pray. 
"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed." Mark 1:35

You may not be a morning person but let me encourage you to set your alarm for just an hour earlier than usual and see a world you've never experienced before. It is a magical time when you can be alone with the Lord and His creation. A time before the rest of the world wakes up, before your day begins. A time to walk outside and if you're truly blessed, be surrounded by the fog and the presence of the Lord. 

Post a Comment