Sunday, January 19, 2014

He Called Me "Amen".

As a pastor's wife I am heavily involved in the ministries of the church. Serving God is my life. One particular ministry that I especially enjoy is being a worship leader. I carefully choose the songs the congregation will sing and find myself entering into worship along with the congregation as we sing praises to our King. It blesses me when I look over the sanctuary and see not only adults praising the Lord but the youngest of our children praising Him too. What a blessing it is to worship God in unity and purpose!

I have always been a firm believer in teaching our children to praise the Lord and to pay attention in church. But sometimes you don't really realize how much they do pay attention until you have something, like what happened to me today, take place. Our daughter-in-law's nephew, who is just 2 years old, came to church with his great grandmother. As usual I was on the platform leading in worship. When he saw me his grandmother asked him 'who's that?' to which he replied 'amen'. She asked him again saying this time 'what's her name?' and again he said 'amen'. When the grandmother told me about it at the door I was so blessed! I asked this precious little child if my name was 'amen' and he said 'yes'. I hugged him in my arms and prayed a blessing over him. 

You might be wondering why such a thing would bless me so much and touch my heart, but you see the word 'amen' means 'so be it' or 'as the Lord wills it' and this has been the cry of my life! I only want to live the Lord's will. I only want to have His way in my life. It is only when we walk in His will, on the pathway He has chosen for us, that we will find peace and joy. I have spent most of my life telling others to only pray for God's will to be done and to seek His will above all else and this little child called me "Amen" "SO BE IT"! I am so blessed. 

You might not think that your children are even taking in anything from an adult service but they are! This little child called me "Amen" because he has heard me say amen so many times as I am praying and praising God. He associates praise with me. He sees me and hears me praising our Father so he called me "Amen". 

Mark 10:14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Prov. 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Post a Comment