Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Mansion

Last night I dreamed of buying a house and all night long I was rearranging furniture in the rooms. It was a lovely house with a beautiful staircase and an attic for kids to play in. It had lots of land around it for dogs to run and kids to explore. It was an ideal house (as dream houses usually are). I woke up this morning exhausted from all the furniture moving I had done in my sleep. I felt like I had actually done it. (Isn't it funny how that works??)

I often dream of owning a house, a place to call 'home'. A forever place for future grandchildren to come home to. We once owned our own house but sold it to go into ministry and I don't regret that one bit. I'm glad for the decisions we made and where they have brought us. But being 48 yrs old I would like to know that I own the roof that is over my head. We live in a lovely parsonage but our living here is dependant on our ministry being here. Yes, I would like to own a house and we are saving and saving towards that end.

The Lord understands our dreams and desires. He understands better than anyone why I would like to own a house. I don't have to explain to Him, He just knows. I know that someday, Lord willing, I will once again own a house and it will be a forever home. Every morning I get a daily Bible Scripture sent to me via the internet and today's Scripture is:

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14:1-3)

Now, as you know, I don't believe in coincidence at all. I believe that my Heavenly Father spoke to me through His Word once again and assured me that someday I will have a mansion. He's already building it for me and it's going to be glorious! He loves me that much that He understands the longing of my heart and He is preparing a 'forever home' for me right now. I don't know if I will ever get a house here on this earth, I hope so, but even if I don't I know for sure that I have a home waiting for me in Heaven one day because I put my trust in Him many years ago and He has never let me down.

Post a Comment