Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blessed Assurance

The other night my husband and I watched the biography of Fanny Crosby on TV. What an amazing woman she was! She wrote thousands of hymns in her lifetime but one of my favourites is "Blessed Assurance". I love to sing this beautiful hymn and be reminded once again of Christ's love for me. Because I have put my trust in Him, I can have this 'blessed assurance' that 'Jesus is mine'. I know that someday I will see Him face to face and be with Him forever. What a blessing!

I hope that you have put your trust in Him. If you have, you can look at troublesome times with a different eye than one who has no hope. If He is your Saviour, you have that 'peace that passes all understanding' that only He can give.

It is said that "Blessed Assurance" was based on Hebrews 10:22 which says:  "let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water."

As you read the words of this beautiful hymn I hope that you will put your trust in the Lord if you haven't done so already. And if you have may this be a reminder to you that you can be assured that you are saved and that your sins are not only forgiven but forgotten by the Lord. What a blessing!
 Blessed Assurance-- Fanny Crosbyvs.1
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.


Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,praising my Savior all the day long;this is my story, this is my song,praising my Savior all the day long.

 
vs.2
Perfect submission, perfect delight!
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
vs.3
Perfect submission, all is at rest!
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with his goodness, lost in His love.

2 comments