Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Followers

I watched an episode of Kitchen Nightmares with Chef Ramsay last night on TV. This is the program where he goes into a restaurant, points out all the problems, fixes everything and gives the restaurant a new start. Well that's the program in a nutshell. There really is more to it than that but that is the gist of it anyway. During last night's episode the restaurant had,as one of their unexpected customers, a food blogger. Apparently this person was a food critic who wrote blogs about the restaurants she visited. (Now THAT sounds like an interesting job!) Apparently, according to Chef Ramsay, this blogger has 10,000 followers! He encouraged the restaurant staff to really step it up a notch and impress this person because of the wide audience she influenced. As he said, if she gave the food a good blog report, they could have a potential of at least 10,000 new customers. That's pretty impressive.

That got me thinking. I blog as well and have 17 followers. Not that I am complaining, because I am not, but when I think of how much we influence those around us, we have to be very careful of how we speak and act and make sure that it is in a way to properly influence those people. Are we reflecting the Lord in our actions? Do we mirror Him in our speech? Who is following you? I never really encouraged people to become a 'follower' of my blog because I would rather them follow Christ. But then as I think of it I do want more followers on my blog. I do want to be a voice that influences others for something good, something besides food, something eternal. I do want people to become followers of Mama's Pages so that God can speak to them through the words that He gives me.

So having said that I encourage you to become a follower of Mama's Pages. Go to the 'followers' section on the right and click the 'follow' button at the top. Then please tell your friends to do the same then together we can encourage and exhort and lift one another up. We can spread the Good News of the Gospel together! God bless.

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1

Post a Comment