Saturday, April 30, 2011

Devastation

This past week has been a week of devastation for many people living in the southern US states. Over 150 tornados have wreaked havoc on homes and communities and have taken many lives, in fact over 250 lives. We have dear friends in Tennessee and Alabama and while we wanted to be there to help them, we couldn't because of distance. So we watched CNN and prayed. We left them in God's hands, which is the best place to be.  One friend lost her home but none of them lost their lives.

It's at times like these that we are forced to rely completely on God. We are all so eager to do things for ourselves and to take charge that we often forget to fully rely on God. And it is at times like these that God says 'I will protect what you have given to me.' So this week we prayed and we trusted that God would bring our friends through this devastation and would watch over them and He did.

 1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
   ...“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
   I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
   I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
   they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
   you will not be burned;
   the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
   the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;...
4 you are precious and honored in my sight,
   and because I love you,...
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
Isaiah 43:1-5

1 comment

  1. So true! We need to remember this even in the good times! Thanks for sharing your wisdom through your blog! It is much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete