Tuesday, May 10, 2011

If It Be The Lord's Will

Tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM we will begin our journey to Tennessee and sometime around 11:00 PM we will arrive at our destination. It will be a full day to say the least. We have to first drive for a little over three hours just to get to the airport. Then we have an hour and a half stop over at the Toronto airport, then it's off to Atlanta, Georgia. Once we are there and pick up our luggage we will have a three hour drive to our final destination: Cleveland, Tennessee.

We have had this trip planned for several months. We know that I am scheduled to speak at a women's conference on Friday and Saturday and that Pastor Appreciation Day is on Sunday. We know that Brad will hold services beginning on Sunday and ending on Wednesday night. We know that on Tuesday we will be recording radio programs for Pastor Green's This Is The Hour radio program and we know that at 6:00 AM on Thursday we will begin the journey home.

It's easy to say 'I'll do this' or 'I'll do that' but what we need to realize is that all of those things that we plan are dependant on them being what the Lord wants for our life. James 4:13-15 tells us "Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

Our life is just a small moment of time in the whole scope of eternity. When you weigh even 70 or 80 years against all of eternity, you can see how short of a time it really is. With that in mind, we shouldn't be making our decisions based solely on our own wants and wishes. Instead we should be considering what the Lord would have us do; what is His will for our life? I don't want to be wasting time doing something God doesn't want me to do.

Jesus taught his disciples a parable about making plans and also about greed in Luke 12:16-21. Listen to what Jesus said: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’
“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
“This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”

We all like to make plans. We would all like to be prepared for every eventuality life throws our way. But the Word tells us very clearly that we should make our plans understanding that they will only happen if the Lord allows them. Our lives, all of our lives, must be placed in His hands. Our plans, our dreams, our future, everything needs to given over to Him, then we will be truly rich and prepared.

So 'if it be the Lord's will' I will go to Tennessee and minister for Him! I'll see you when I get back (Lord willing)! God bless.

Post a Comment