Friday, October 21, 2011

Confession

I have a confession to make: today I broke the law. I was driving along the Port LaTour road in Benjamin's little car, talking to Alannah and not paying attention to what I was doing, when all of a sudden I looked at my speedometer. It was registering nearly 100 km, and  I was in an 80 km zone! Almost as soon as I realized it I slowed down and just around the next corner the police had set up a road block. They were checking for seatbelts, not for speeders.

 I'm thankful that I slowed down in time not to get caught but I realize that even though the police hadn't seen my mistake, God had and He was the One to remind me to slow down. But caught or not I still broke the law. As a Christian I should be more careful. What kind of a testimony would it have been if I had been pulled over by the police and he knew I was a Christian or someone passed by who knew I was? I would have ruined my testimony.

Laws are put in place to keep us safe. They're to help maintain order in our society. There is always a reason why a law is made and later enforced. Many people rebel against the laws of their country but sadly even more rebel against God's laws. God has rules for us to live by so that we will live a blessed life. We can choose to break those laws but we'll never find happiness or contentment when we do.

Deuteronomy 30:16
For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.



I love how it says in this verse, that you will live and increase, that means to prosper. We will live and be blessed and prosper when we follow God's commands. 

Post a Comment