Friday, November 11, 2011

God Speaks

How many times do we associate the weather with God? We probably don't even think about it. We just accept the fact that it is raining or snowing or sunny or whatever. There are those with scientific mindsets who would say that we have rain because of the evaporation of the oceans, lakes and rivers and yes I believe that does happen because God set it up to work that way. But the Bible clearly tells us to look for God in the thunder and the rain and even the snow.


"God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’"

(Job 37:5-6)


Its raining today and I guess I never really thought much about it before reading this verse. While I am not impressed with the fact that I can't hang my laundry out on the clothesline today I can be happy knowing that this is all part of God's plan. He told the heavens to rain. The earth must need it and I can certainly wait for another day to hang out my washing. 

If God cares this much about the weather that He tells the snow when to come and the rain when to downpour, how much more does He care for me? He can handle any problem that we might have. He knows what we need when we need it and He can take care of it all. Trust Him with your life and your problems today. He loves you and cares for you.

Post a Comment