Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Whole Thing

While my husband and I were on our honeymoon, twenty-six years ago, he bought me a new dress. It was a rare treat for me to be able to go into a dress shop and have the money to buy something so I was pretty excited about the whole thing. The dress was a beautiful creation in the softest colour of peach. I loved it. But my husband wasn't finished, he took me next to a shoe shop and insisted that I buy matching shoes and purse to go with my new dress. Oh, what a treat! I had never had a whole outfit before. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

Just like my husband wanted to show his love to his new bride, so our Lord wants to shower us with blessings to show His love for us. We have been gradually collecting antique or made-to-look-old items for our new home which is an 1848 farm house. We've enjoyed watching yard sales and on-line sales for affordable things that will take our house from being a house and transform it into being a home. We know that our house itself is a gift from the Lord (people still can't believe the purchase price we were able to get it for), but our Lord wants to bless us with the extra too. That He does this again and again never ceases to amaze me.

This was proven to me again yesterday. We had been saying that some day we'd like to get braided rugs for the living room floor but every one that we've seen advertised has been so expensive and the wrong colour. So we waited for the Lord, Who knew what we wanted, to lead us to the right ones. Well He did! I answered an ad which didn't have a picture with it, for two 8ft in diameter, round braided rugs. When I arrived at the house to view them the seller told me that they were antique (even better) and they were the exact colour combination that I wanted. I paid $25 each for these beautiful rugs.

God is so good! He not only blessed us with our own home after so many years of not having one, but now He is even directing and leading us to the 'extras' to complete the gift. He loves us and He wants to bless us and He will do the same for you. If you walk after Him, and allow Him to guide you He will lead you on good paths. Just like my husband wanted me to have the whole outfit, so our God doesn't want to only bless us half way either. Trust Him. He will take care of you. I know.... I've seen it in my life. If you seek the Giver of gifts rather than the gift, He will bless you with the gifts as well.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33


If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:11



Post a Comment