Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Walls Are Closing In




"When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

(Psalm 118:5-6)




Have you ever felt like the walls are closing in; like there's no escape from your troubles? Sometimes we can all feel like that when we have allowed troubles and worries to weigh us down we can feel like we are in a cramped, tiny space without enough air to breathe. Did you know that we are not suppose to worry? I'm sure there are some of you reading this right now and saying 'but you don't understand. I have so many troubles to bear.' And that's true, many of us have cares and worries that just won't go away.


Our human bodies will break down from stress. It has been medically proven. We were never designed to carry worries and when we do we will break down from the weight of those burdens. That's why the Lord instructs us to 'cast all your care upon Him for He careth for you'. (1 Peter 5:7). He wants to care for us completely. He knows what we are capable of carrying and worry is not one of those things, so He offers to carry our worries for us. 


There are many Scriptures to which we can turn when we feel like the walls are closing in and I will list some of them here for you to read. Let me encourage you to cast your cares and worries on Him so you don't have to carry them any more. He will lift you up and take you to a spacious place. A place of peace.



“An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up” (Proverbs 12:25, NIV).
“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7) (Also seePsalm 55:22-23)
“Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?’” (Luke 12:22-26, NIV). (Also see Matthew 6:25-34)

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:5).

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones” (Proverbs 3:5-8).

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).

Post a Comment