Friday, January 13, 2012

What Are You Looking For?

"Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good..."(Amos 5:14-15)


What are you looking for in life? Or have you even thought about it? Just take a minute and think about it now.....If you want a good quality of life, to really live your life to its fullest, you need to be constantly seeking good, not evil. I personally think that there are probably very few people who consciously live their life seeking evil. But without purposely seeking good, we inevitably wind up seeking evil. 


Have you ever felt like your insides were being pulled inside out? Like there were knots in your stomach? I have and I usually feel like that when I am surrounded by strife and confusion. I personally seek peace. I have, from time to time, found myself caught up in the 'soap opera styled' lives of others and it only gives me more to be stressed about. So I avoid the drama and seek what is good.


There is nothing good to be gained by rehashing the past. There is nothing to be gained by gossiping about the lives of others. As children of the Most High God, we need to be an example to those around us. We are to be the peacemakers in every situation. (Matthew 5:9) We are to be merciful. (Matthew 5:7) And we are to be pure in heart. (Matthew 5:8) In other words we are to be constantly seeking that which is good. 


We are to be different from the world. 
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2


What are you looking for?

Post a Comment