Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What a Wonderful World



"What a Wonderful World" is a song written by Bob Thiele (as George Douglas) and George David Weiss. It was first recorded by Louis Armstrong and released as a single in 1968. (Wikipedia). I have always loved this song and even more, the voice of Louis Armstrong. This song was written as an answer for the racial and political problems of the 60's but it has transcended that era and has spoken to countless millions of people who need a good dose of hope and optimism. 
It is easy to become jaded and somewhat cynical when we see the problems of the world around us. If all we feed ourselves is a diet of gossip and criticism we can soon fail to see the beauty that is in this world or in the people we meet. Not everyone has an agenda. Not everyone is talking behind our back. Not everyone is watching us or waiting for us to mess up. There are genuine people who do think of others and care about them.
If you have fallen into a pessimistic attitude and you'd like to get away from that, I would suggest that you surround yourself by positive people. Their attitude will rub off on you. But even more than that, be careful of what sort of thing you are feeding your mind with as well. One depressing news story after another, day after day will not lift your spirits. Instead feed your mind and soul with positive things and you will feel lighter.
God's Word is food for our souls. It will encourage us in our darkest hour. It will give us hope and strength for each new day. It will sustain us. Feed your soul today from God's Word. Run to it when you feel like all is lost and the world is a dark and scary place and you will find the Light that cannot be extinguished. Jesus is the Light of the world.
Psalm 119:105 says "Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." God has made us a beautiful world to enjoy and each person that is in that world is His creation, made in Him image. What a wonderful world He has given us. Today is a new day! A fresh start to think positively and to be full of hope and optimism! Why don't you start this day by listening to Louis Armstrong sing this beautiful song? God bless.

I see trees of green, 
red roses too. 
I see them bloom, 
for me and you. 
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world. 

I see skies of blue, 
And clouds of white. 
The bright blessed day, 
The dark sacred night. 
And I think to myself, 
What a wonderful world. 

The colors of the rainbow, 
So pretty in the sky. 
Are also on the faces, 
Of people going by, 
I see friends shaking hands. 
Saying, "How do you do?" 
They're really saying, 
"I love you". 

I hear babies cry, 
I watch them grow, 
They'll learn much more, 
Than I'll ever know. 
And I think to myself, 
What a wonderful world. 

Yes, I think to myself, 
What a wonderful world. 

Oh yeah.

Post a Comment