Monday, May 7, 2012

A Koi Story

Last August my husband and I were able to buy our own home after seventeen years of not being homeowners. God not only supplied a house for us in a price range that we could afford but He also met all of the things on our 'wish' list of what we would like to have in our dream house. We wanted a place with plenty of land (we have almost an acre). We wanted a place with fruit trees on it (we are surrounded by apple trees). And we wanted a place with a pond (we have a very large one). Isn't God amazing?


Not only is our God amazing and not only does He give us His children, good gifts, but He is also a God of details. Last week I had been saying to my husband that someday we should buy some koi for our pond. I love the fact that they can become so tame and that they can eventually be hand fed. And I just like watching fish. He agreed that we should eventually get some. 


A couple of days ago, as I was walking our Basset Hound, I stopped by the pond and as I did I saw a flash of orange in the water. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but then I saw a beautiful 4-5 inch long fish swim to the top and slowly flip over to its side as if it was showing off. I was so excited! I had two fish!! I quickly went back in the house and got Brad to come and see the fish. When we got back to the pond we counted eight more. Brad said to me 'you wanted fish and God gave you some'. Isn't God great?


This morning Brad went to Shelburne for an appointment and stopped at a pond shop to buy our pond a water lily. While he was there he described the fish we had in the pond and was told that we have comets, a type of goldfish. So my sweet husband bought me three koi and a water lily as a present for our upcoming 27th wedding anniversary. He named them too. We have Shawn Michaels the Koi Toy, Barak Obama and Shubenacadie Sam (no offense intended to the famous people mentioned). 


I told you this koi story because I wanted you to realize how wonderful our God is. He cares about the details of our lives. He loves us. I also told you this story because I wanted to say how thankful I am to have a godly husband who loves me so much that he takes joy in blessing me too. Look for God moving in your life. He does you know. Be careful to praise Him when He causes good things to happen in your life, when He blesses you. Brag on God! He is amazing! He is wonderful! He is so good!


Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. James 1:17


If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:11

Post a Comment