Sunday, May 6, 2012

Money, Money, Money

Money is something I never worry about. Not that I have so much that I don't need to worry, but I am usually pretty good at leaving money problems up to the Lord. In fact I am not much of a worrier at all. But there is always an exception to the norm and I had that happen the other night. 


I was so sleepy sitting watching a program on TV and couldn't wait for it to be over so I could go to bed. Once I got in bed, however, I was wide awake with thoughts of money. All I could think of was how many things we had coming up that required money and I didn't know where it was going to come from. As I said before I never worry about money, but I was worried then. I tossed and turned. I tried to stop thinking about it. I tried to reason the problem out. I did everything I shouldn't have done to solve my problem instead of the one thing I should have done: PRAY. 


As I was getting more and more frustrated that I couldn't get to sleep, the Lord reminded me to pray and give the problem over to Him. So I did. I prayed and told the Lord that I am giving the problem over to Him and asked Him to take care of it. I immediately felt the peace of God cover me like a blanket and I fell asleep. When I awoke the next morning I didn't feel anxious in the least about anything. 


I still have the same needs and I don't know how God is going to meet them, but I do know that He will. This was never my problem in the first place. I handed it over to God and I will let Him take care of it. 



"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

(Philippians 4:6-7)


We waste so much of our time carrying around problems that we can't solve anyway, instead of giving them over to the Lord. I believe that there are times when Satan will attack us with worries and I believe that we bring worries on ourselves as well. But when it is something that you usually never worry about and suddenly, without reason, you begin to worry about it, you can be pretty much assured that Satan is behind it. 

When I finally prayed I thanked God for working out this problem. I prayed in faith believing that He will provide for me and I know He will. Knowing that you don't have to carry around these burdens will give you such a peace that transcends all understanding that you'll wonder why it took you so long to pray in the first place. Give your burdens to the Lord and leave them with Him. He'll take care of you. 

Post a Comment