Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Reflection of the Master

I love to see a sunrise or a sunset and if you ask me which I prefer I don't think I could tell you. I love a sunrise because of the gradual way the world begins to wake up. It begins with a warm glow and then colour is splashed across the sky. The birds start to sing and it is the beginning of a new day. A fresh start. A do-over. But I love a sunset too. Its a time to relax after a busy day. A time to watch the brilliant colours compete with each other for the most brilliant hues. A time to sit with the one you love and wish it could just last just a little while longer.

I have often wished I could paint so I could capture the beauty of a sunrise or sunset, but I can't and I know I would be disappointed with my attempt. I've taken photographs of both a sunrise and a sunset but even a photograph pales in comparison to seeing the real thing in person. I just can't explain it but when I see paintings or photographs of a sunrise or sunset I find myself wondering what it must have really looked like. I can appreciate an artist's interpretation of most things but not when it comes to them trying to capture the awesome wonder and majesty of a sunrise or sunset which God, Himself, painted across the sky. 

Each sunrise and every sunset is a reflection of the Master painter. God, the first artist, started the painting of this world, with a blank canvas. He chose to paint glorious colours everywhere in creation. He could have made every tree green with black bark, but He didn't. I have seen trees with white bark and yellow bark and leaves of red, gold, orange and green. He could have made every animal the same colour but He chose to paint each one a unique colour. God is an artist and only He can create the colours He does at the beginning and ending of every day; colours so vibrant and magnificent that we can only try to name them.

Everything in creation is a reflection of the Master and I want to be too. My desire is to be so close to Him that all others can see in me is a reflection of Him. I want others to see Jesus in me. I don't want anyone to ever doubt that I am a follower of Christ. I don't want them to think that I am just a good person. I want them to know that I have been touched by the Master's hand and that I belong to Him. I am His creation and even when I sin, if I repent of that sin, He will forgive me and give me a new beginning. My prayer is that others will  be drawn to Christ because I reflect Him everywhere I go. 

"But we all with unveiled face reflecting as a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

Post a Comment