Sunday, February 7, 2016

Just Me


I've been looking through my blog posts and I realize that my blog has had over 40,000 views. That's amazing to me. I mean, after all, who am I that people would want to know what I have to say or what I think? I'm nobody special, in the eyes of the world. But according to God, I'm the apple of His eye (Hosea 2).

I started writing my blog because my mother encouraged me to write. I have come from a family of storytellers. Growing up, my favourite time of day was supper time, when everyone was around the table. That's when Mom and Dad would tell us stories. Stories of their childhoods and further back; stories of their ancestors. As a teenager I had always written stories and Mom enjoyed reading them. 

As Mom's memory started to fade she told me I should write the stories down so I did. She was so proud of my first published book. She read the stories over again until they were familiar once more. After she died I didn't feel like writing anymore. Well, truth be told, I didn't feel like doing anything. I just went through the motions and got done what had to be done. 

Lately, though, I've started to feel like writing again. I will try to share stories from the past, hope for the future and practical advice for the present. But it won't be fancy. This is just me: my mother's daughter doing what she wanted me to do. So I hope you will be blessed, encouraged and that you will have a closer walk with the Lord as we journey together. God bless.

Post a Comment