Saturday, December 4, 2010

100th Blog Post

This is my 100th blog post! I started blogging in August of this year, thinking that it would be a way for me to encourage and share with a few people every now and then, but I have found it to be much bigger than just that. I have enjoyed 'blogging' even though a year ago I didn't have the foggiest idea of what a blog was and why anyone would ever  want to 'blog'. There have been times that I have written about my childhood and other times I have shared a devotional. I have no rhyme nor reason to the blog, I just write what comes into my head. Some people have encouraged me to put them all together in book form and I probably will do that so that I can share with more people.

It's easy sometimes for us to critize our fast moving world and all the technology that has depersonalized our way of life, but critizing doesn't help anything. I think we need to find a way to use what we have been given for the Lord. The computer is like anything else, we can use it for good or we can waste our time on it. We can post a nasty comment on our Facebook status or a veiled message meaning to poke at someone or we can give an encouraging Scripture or word. It is all about what you do with the opportunities the Lord has given to you. The Word does say that we will be judged for every idle word we have. (Matthew 12:36) That means we have to use our words for good.

 I have been blessed to see people from all over the world viewing my blog. I don't want to waste this opportunity I've been given by just giving them 'fluff'. I want to use every opportunity I can to point people to a saving knowledge of Jesus and if I can do that through a blog, well then so be it. Whether it is a story from my childhood where I can see God's hand was on me or a story from present day and how the Lord has lead me and protected me, I want to share them all to encourage others to trust in Him.

I get encouraged when I see a comment was left on one of my posts. It lets me feel a connection with that person and lets me know that in some small way they were touched by my entry. It also encourages me to see how many countries are represented by the viewings. It's amazing to me to think that there are people thousands of miles away from Canada who I am ministering to for the Lord that I would never have been able to in any other circumstance. I believe God opens doors for us to encourage believers everywhere and to bring the lost to Him. A blog is just one way to do that.

So read on and leave your comments and trust in the Lord.  2 Timothy 1:12 "for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

 

Post a Comment