Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Splendor of the King

As we were driving to Yarmouth yesterday we were enjoying the beautiful colours the leaves had changed in just a few short days. There were reds and yellows and oranges and some that seemed to be on fire they were so brilliant. Interspersed amongst the maples were the green spruce trees and pines and it looked like a polka dotted landscape, that is until we crested a hill and saw the most magnificent sight. 


There in the valley below us lay the most beautiful carpet of colour I have ever seen. Almost every tree was full of colour and there were so few spruce and pines that it looked like one huge, colourful blanket covering the earth. It was breathtaking! The first words that popped into my head were the words of a song by Chris Tomlin, 'the splendor of the King, clothed in majesty, let all the earth rejoice!'. 


All I could imagine right then was our King clothed in His royal robe and that robe laying across the earth. What a beautiful robe it was! Reds, yellows, oranges, all vibrant colours fit for a King, THE King.


When I read in the book of Revelation, the description of what Heaven is like, I can only imagine. But yesterday, on my way to Yarmouth, the Lord revealed some of His beauty to me and my spirit exalted in Him!


"The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end

The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb

Name above all names
Worthy of our praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God" Chris Tomlin 

Post a Comment