Saturday, October 24, 2015

Our Home

This is our home. The first picture was taken in July 2015 and the second one around 1920. It's so hard to imagine that this house has been here longer than Canada has been a nation. We are only a small part of its history, but oh how blessed we are to be a part of it! This house was built by a pastor, Edward Reynolds, for his son, Josiah Caleb Reynolds and his wife, Martha Snow. Martha lived in this house well into her 80's. This is her house. I am just a caretaker of it. I am ever conscious of the history of which I am a part and I try to honor that history whenever I take on a new project concerning the house. I try to only do what will improve the house after years of neglect.

As a Christian I am conscious of the fact that I am part of a bigger picture. The Bible tells us that we are 'surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses'. Others have gone before us, paving the way for us who will follow. Sometimes they have paid a great price for the cost for us to have the freedom to worship God. I believe we need to honor that history by continuing on what our forefathers started. We need to have the boldness to stand up for our faith and to share that faith. 


When our time here on earth is done someone else will own our home. They'll add on to the house, make improvements and become part of its history. When our time on earth is done other Christians will walk in the paths we have made now. What will we leave behind? A better home is a great thing to leave behind, but more importantly a Christian heritage is the best thing. Make your mark on history.




Post a Comment