Thursday, November 12, 2015

Dukie and Maggie Mae

We have two Bassets and yes, I am that crazy dog lady. (Is there really such a thing? After all I've only heard of a 'crazy cat lady' never a crazy dog lady.) But I digress.

My husband and I have had dogs all our lives, both before we got married as well as for the past 30 years that we've been married. There's just something about a dog that makes you want to confide in them like you never could to a mere human.

You see, a dog doesn't judge you. They won't hold a grudge, even when you don't live up to your end of the relationship. A dog is happy with just having you around. They live to please you. They delight in making you happy and they love to hear you laugh. Dogs love unconditionally. They don't need a huge house or fancy things. They just want you. They want to lay their head on your lap and when they do, to them, all is well in the world.

I hate it when I hear people say 'it's only a dog' and I don't understand when others say 'I don't like dogs'. I just don't get it. Maybe they've never met a dog. Oh I mean they've probably seen dogs or even been around them, but if they'd ever taken the time to look into a dogs eyes and just 'be' with them they'd never say those things again.

A dog will be your truest, dearest friend. The one creature that God gave us that shows His undying love for us. Unconditional love. Pure love.

Not everyone should have a dog. In fact some people should never have a dog. You see a dog's heart can be broken and that seems to be the cruelest thing in the world because they don't understand when their people don't want to be with them or worse when those people hurt them. No, not everyone should have a dog but everyone needs to experience that unconditional love at least once in their life.

If every person could love like a dog loves, what a wonderful world we would live in! I'm sure there are some of you reading this that probably thinks I'm a crazy dog lady and maybe I am but I like who I am because of my dogs.

I recently commissioned an artist in Russia, to paint them. I received the finished piece today and I
couldn't be happier. I can't wait to have it framed and hung in my living room. Every time I see my dogs I am reminded of how much God loves me, unconditionally and how much He has blessed me.



Post a Comment