Monday, January 25, 2016

The Wedding

We have reached another milestone for our family: our last child has been married. On December 19th our daughter, Alannah, married a wonderful, godly man whom we all love.  We couldn't be happier than we are for her. 

Her wedding was a fairytale come true. Her dress was a beautiful confection of frothy tulle with a heavily beaded bodice. It was lovely and it was pink! My mother's wedding dress was pink and pink has always been Alannah's favourite colour so as a nod to her grandmother's memory, she chose pink. 

It has been a year since my mother went home to be with the Lord and oh how I missed her being at the wedding. As a daughter, I wanted her to be by my side as I watched my little girl saying her vows to become a wife.  But I know she would have been so pleased with how the wedding turned out and with Alannah's choice of a husband. Someday I will see her again in Heaven and we will have eternity to catch up.

The wedding photographer captured a beautiful picture of our whole family standing together. As I looked at this picture I felt a peace that only the Lord can give. This is my family: Benjamin and his wife Verny, Matthew and his wife Gabe, Alannah and her husband Isaac, my father, Bradley and myself and his mother. Yes, my mom is missing and Brad's father but this is still our family and we are blessed. I'm thankful, so very thankful.

They say that weddings and funerals bring out the worst in people but I don't think it has to be that way. This wedding, the final family wedding of this generation, was beautiful in every way.  I wanted to share this milestone with you. May the Lord bless your family too. 


Post a Comment